Dabbed Out? Here’s What to Watch on 4/20
Looking to maximize enjoyment with your Dr. Dabber EVO this stoner season? Take a dab and check out some of these movies.
4/20 is right around the corner, but here at Dr. Dabber, we feel 4/20 deserves to be celebrated all month long, which means it’s time to whip out your favorite vape pen or rig and binge all your favorite stoner movies. If you’re in search of 4/20 flicks, look no further. We’ve got you covered with a list of our Top 10 favorite movies to get you in the mood for the highest time of the year, so sit down, load yourself a dab, and check out the list.
- Half Baked - if you haven’t seen Half Baked, can you even call yourself a stoner? Half Baked might just be the most famous stoner movie of all time, making it #1 on our list. This 90’s stoner classic tells the story of three haphazard fellows who come up with a series of crazy weed dealing schemes to get a friend out of jail.
- Pineapple Express - You want action, comedy, and crime all in one? Pineapple Express is the movie for you (basically, any movie with Seth Rogen and James Franco, we can get behind). Though from two very different worlds, a process server and his weed dealer wind up in a sticky situation, forcing them to team up and run from hitmen and a corrupt police officer after witnessing a murder.
- Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle - It’s safe to say Harold and Kumar are probably two of the most well-known characters in the stoner community. Though the two went on to make a few different movies, Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle is our favorite. This Adventure/Comedy tells the story of two friends who embark on a quest to satisfy their munchy cravings for White Castle burgers. What could possibly go wrong? Well, lots–including a raccoon, a racist officer, and a horny Neil Patrick Harris. Bonus–you can now watch Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle on Prime Video if you have an Amazon Prime account.
- Dazed and Confused - Some might say Dazed and Confused was the movie that put Ben Affleck and Matthew McConaughey on the map. Filmed in the 90’s, Dazed and Confused follows the adventures of high school and junior high students on the last day of school in May 1976. The upperclassmen are hazing the incoming freshmen and everyone is trying to get stoned, drunk, or laid. Bonus–you can watch Dazed and Confused now on Prime Video if you have an Amazon Prime account.
- How High - Imagine smoking something so magical it lands you in Harvard. This fantasy becomes a reality for Silas and Jamal, until their genius inspiring supply is stolen and the two are forced to get creative in their pursuit of the hallowed Harvard diploma. The age old adage–study high, take the test high, get high scores–seemed to work for Silas and Jamal, but we wouldn’t recommend this strategy for everyone.
- Grandma's Boy - Don’t you hate it when your roommate spends all the rent money on hookers? Us, too. In Grandma’s Boy, this exact scenario plays out, forcing Alex, a 35 year old video game tester to move in with his grandma and her two old lady roommates (hence, the movie title). Visits with his off the wall weed dealer, Dante, and uncomfortable run-ins with a wannabe human cyborg, make Grandma’s Boy a constant laugh.
- Mallrats - Having just been dumped by their girlfriends, best friends T.S. and Brodie seek refuge at their usual hangout–the local mall. One thing leads to another, and the buddies enlist the help of two iconic stoners, Jay and Silent Bob, to get their girls back. Of course everything goes hilariously wrong, but Jay and Silent Bob seem to always come out on top.
- Inherent Vice - Inherent Vice is more on the serious side when it comes to stoner movies, shedding light on the dark side of the psychedelic era. Inherent Vice takes place in 1970, in the height of LA’s drug-fueled scene. Los Angeles private investigator Larry “Doc” Sportello investigates the disappearance of a former girlfriend in this turbulent crime thriller–probably best suited for a calming strain.
- We’re the Millers - What happens when you take a drug dealer, a stripper, a runaway, and a virgin and force them to play house? You get a movie like We’re the Millers. After being robbed, a small time pot dealer creates a fake family as part of his plan to move a huge shipment of weed into the U.S. from Mexico. As the Millers wind their way through Mexico, they run into just about every ridiculous obstacle you could imagine, but are left with no ‘ragrets’ when the group forms an unlikely bond.
- Grass Is Greener - Who doesn’t love getting stoned and watching documentaries? Released on 4/20 (of course), 2019, Grass Is Greener is a Netflix original documentary that takes a look at America’s complicated relationship with cannabis, featuring several celebrities including B-Real, Steven Hagar, Snoop Dogg, and Damian Marley.
Now that you’ve got your movie selection ready, let’s make sure you’ve got an eRig to snuggle up with during your movie binge. We’ve got you covered with the Dr. Dabber Boost EVO. The Boost EVO will instantly upgrade any movie night because… let’s be honest. Everyone has more fun when they’re getting stoned with their buds.
Why the Boost EVO is Perfect For a Movie Night
An Electric Dab Rig With a Battery Life You Can Rely On
The Boost EVO has exceptional battery life with built-in protection against over voltage and short circuits. We’re talking 60+ seshes on a single charge. This makes the Boost EVO a great rig for sharing during movie nights. Forget to charge your Boost EVO before having people over? No problem, like the Dr. Dabber SWITCH and Stella, Boost EVO features pass-through charging–meaning you can literally use it WHILE it’s charging, a feature that saves the day more often than you’d think.
Welcoming New Stoners and Dabheads Alike
With six different heat settings, ranging from 500-750° F, the Boost EVO is perfect for both seasoned dabbers and newbies. Have a friend who wants to get stoned but is intimidated by the traditional dabbing experience? Serve them up a smooth dab at 500° (that’s the purple LED light setting). Does the neighborhood dab wizard prefer a huge dab? Crank the Boost EVO all the way up to 750° (the white LED setting) and prepare yourself for some serious couchlock.
The Boost EVO has a unique feature appropriately called “Party Mode”. Party Mode allows for an extended hold time, where the unit holds your selected temperature for either 20 seconds or 40 seconds–up to you. Once it’s safe to start sharing again (I swear it’s just a weed cough, guys!), this feature will be perfect for passing around with friends.
Sit Back, Relax, and Enjoy the Light Show
Our newest electric dab rig features five different RGB light modes, including modes like Slow Roll, gradually switching between all the colors in the rainbow. If you prefer to watch movies completely in the dark, the Boost EVO also features Stealth Mode for discreet dab sessions. In Stealth Mode, only the buttons will illuminate, so you can still operate the Boost EVO, but the presence of the device will be much more lowkey.
No Torch, No Problem
Who wants to break out a torch when you’re in the middle of a movie? Not only are they loud, but they’re also distracting, inconvenient and dangerous. Boost EVO is completely silent in use and takes only about 11 seconds to heat up.
Portability is Key
If movie night isn’t at your house, you’re still good. The Boost EVO comes in a durable and protective carrying case so you can bring it wherever you want. Fun fact–the Boost EVO’s carrying case was manufactured with the same protective foam that many car bumpers use. Rest assured, your Boost EVO’s in good hands.